Tuesday, June 10, 2008

IT'S A GIRL!!!






It's official....I'm a tiny beautiful baby girl!!!


Another softball player in the making! On June 5th, I passed my first physical, showing off all of my organs, my brain, spinal cord, 10 fingers and 10 toes! I weighed in at 10 ounces and measured about 10 inches from head to heel. I am already the size of a banana! Boy have I been busy in the past couple of weeks...sprouting hair, sucking my thumb (witnessed by mommy and daddy on ultrasound,) and learning how to swallow. My brain is working overtime, designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. I can even hear mommy and daddy's voice now...not to mention Kaiser and Maddi's. My arms and legs are finally in the right proportions to each other and the rest of my body. I've been moving more and more and occasionally get mommy excited when she feels a flutter. My kidneys have started making urine, and I have a waxy coating that is forming on my skin to keep it from pickling in this fluid I'm swimming in. Mommy has gained about 11 pounds and she officially has outgrown ALL of her regular clothes. Along with me growing, she is starting to feel a bit of back pain and keeps bumping into things with her hips! :-) Despite her low level of energy (apparently making me is wearing her out,) she did manage to find time to do a little shopping with daddy for my new room. There has also been a little bit of shopping...daddy says there's enough pink to put Peptol Bismol to shame. :-) Well, it's getting late and time for mommy and I to get some rest. Have a great week and I'll try not to wait so long next time to send my updates.




No comments: