Sunday, September 21, 2008

35 weeks....my name is FINALLY out!

Mommy and daddy FINALLY made their decision on what to call me....yeaaaaah!....Kiera was my favorite name too! (Wish I could have told them and made their decision easier!) :-) It's about time, considering it's been 35 WEEKS!!! I now weigh about 4 3/4 pounds- about like your average cantaloupe-and I'm almost 18 inches long. My fat layers, which will help regulate my body temperature once I'm born, are filling out, making me rounder. At my last check up, the doctor said "we know she'll be a bigger than average-sized baby..." whatever that's supposed to mean! What's "average size" these days anyway! My skin is apparently smoother than ever, and my central nervous system and lungs continue to mature as well. If anyone is worried about preterm labor (mommy has been a little bit,) you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. Mommy and daddy hope I keep cooking until my expected arrival date since they have quite a bit to do before I arrive. Congratulations to daddy on his promotion which will move us all up to a suburb of the twin cities-Farmington, MN on October 1st! Daddy is now working in Mendota Heights and mommy will stay at Mayo as long as the commute is manageable. I'm SO excited because once I arrive, mommy plans to work only 3 days a week...that means she gets to stay home with me and the pups more often! I can't wait!

BIG THANK YOUs go out to the hosts (Heather, Brandi, Tanya, and Kirsti) and all of mommy's friends who attended her shower and for all the wonderful gifts we received!!! We had a BLAST!

I'll keep you posted as the countdown continues.......5 WEEKS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Hook House said...

Thanks for the update! :o) Can you post a pic of you and your cute belly?

Gramma Yuudy said...

Good Job on the Blog!!
Relax and take it easy during the move.Congratulations to "daddy" Mike on his promotion.
I can't wait to see a new photo of your "tummy".
Grandma Yuudy

management said...

wowee! Up to the Twin Cities..Yay! Maybe I'll be able to see the new addition when I'm up there on business. Congrats to MIke.

xxoo, Roar