Tuesday, July 1, 2008

23 Weeks!






How is everyone doing? It's been an exciting couple of weeks. Boy have I been busy! Believe it or not, at over 11 inches now (and more than a pound) I am actually starting to look like a miniature newborn. My lips, eylids, and eyebrows are more distinct and I started developing tiny tooth buds beneath my gums. My eyes are formed and I have little hairs all over to cover up my body and wrinkles on my skin. Daddy says I probably look like a little monkey, just like mommy :-) My pancreas (apparently what produces my hormones) is developing steadily at this point. My sense of movement is well developed and I can feel mommy sway to music! Oh, I almost forgot to tell you...I'm about the size of a large mango right now! :-) I will definitely be a soccer player and have already been working on my fundamentals. If I keep practicing, mommy and daddy should soon be able to see me squirm under her clothes! My blood vessels are developing in my lungs to prepare for breathing air (only 17 more weeks!) and I can now recognize loud noises like Maddi and Kaiser's bark and the vacuum cleaner-shouldn't even faze me once I'm out of the womb.
How's mommy doing? Other than feeling a little heavy, she's been feeling great and starting to "nest"-apparently that means get everything just perfect for me at home. After some demolition, carpet cleaners, painting, and moving furniture (with help of course)...her and daddy are starting to put together the details of my new room. I hear stenciling takes a LONG time....but mommy and daddy are very excited and its starting to look great! See the pics above!
I have another check up on Thursday, July 3rd....wish me luck! :-) Bye for now!



1 comment:

Hook House said...

Cute monkeys! Wish I lived closer to help you stencil. Looking forward to the shower at Mike & Cathie's and the BBQ at Dan & Diane's. :o)