Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Picture of Cake and 25 Week Update

Another couple of wonderful busy weeks for me and mommy! Sorry it's taken so long to give an update once again. First of all...I passed my check up with flying colors on July 5th. Mommy and I are gaining weight right on track, and my heart beat is perfect at 150 beats per minute. I am now measuring about 13 1/2 inches and am roughly the size of an average rutabega. I'm starting to get some hair and baby fat to smooth out my wrinkled skin. My brain is also growing quickly now, and my taste buds are continuing to grow. My lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help my air sacs inflate once I hit the outside world (only 15 more weeks....eeeek!) My skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon. Enough about my development...lets talk about the excitement last weekend...where do I start? I took my first airplane ride to Seattle, heard the gushing water of Snoqualmie falls, visited the Woodland Park Zoo, and last but not least had a WONDERFUL shower. Mommy is in awe with all of the WONDERFUL gifts we received and can't wait to use them! Mommy was so excited to see all of her family and friends and told me to say THANK YOU to everyone for the fun!!! The cake was especially good and mommy was nice enough to have 2 pieces and share with me ;-)

No comments: