Saturday, July 26, 2008

26 WEEKS...6 DAYS! ~90 more to go!!


Take a look at mommy now! She sure has begun to grow. I am a whopping 1.75 pounds and measure in at approximately 14 inches from head to heel (size of an English hothouse cucumber!) I sure have heard a lot lately, now that the network of nerves in my ears are better developed and more sensitive. I can now hear both mommy and daddy's voice as they chat with each other. What else is new in my development? I'm now inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, giving my lungs their first good workout. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when I'm born and take that first gulp of air-I can't wait!
What have we been up to? We've had some wonderful adventures over the past couple of weeks. After mommy and I returned from Seattle, it was a long week at work, then off to the Fitzgerald family cabin. We enjoyed a long weekend where we had a family reunion, celebrating Grandpa Fitzgerald's 60th birthday! I took my first boat ride on the pontoon and heard my first loon! We sat by the campfire and mommy even shared a fresh roasted smore with me :-) I'm beginning to LOVE chocolate!!! To top the weekend off, I took my first limo ride to my very first concert....NEIL DIAMOND!!! Boy did I love it and danced the entire concert, wiggling mommy's tummy. To top the weekend off...we had a great birthday celebration for Daddy on July 22nd. Mommy and daddy took a detour on the way home from the cabin to Babies R Us, ordering my furniture and bedding! We'll keep you posted with pictures when they arrive! Hope everyone is doing well! :-)

No comments: